Saturday, July 27, 2013

Kelp Dragon - Work in Progress

Hey everyone! I've been busy working on a new piece:

Kelp Dragon

Took lots of inspiration from seahorses and their ability to blend into the various flora and fauna in the oceans. The main species of kelp I'm using as reference in this piece are the Giant Kelp which grows vigorously in the waters off California's coast and Bull Kelp which can form colonies up to 4 meters long. Amazing stuff. Both species are endangered by warming ocean waters and the increase in sediment brought by melt waters and construction up stream. I'd like to think this little dragon would be a kelp gardener of sorts and tend to the kelp forests, helping them thrive and grow.



More to come on this piece later. I'm working several times a week on my Livestream channel. Please come and watch me create and chat with me a little if you want. 



No comments:

Post a Comment